Chief Operating Officer
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Financial Resources - ensure the expenditures of the company are within the annual budget
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements
- Ensure the company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.